About the Hospital
Built as the fourth imperial-royal hospital in 1889, the “Sozialmedizinisches Zentrum Süd – Kaiser-Franz-Josef Spital mit Gottfried von Preyer‘schem Kinderspital” was named after the Emperor. In 1986 it received a psychiatric ward with 50 beds, as the first specialised hospital in Vienna. The Department of Radiation Oncology has one of the most advanced radiation therapy systems in operation. A special laboratory of the “Institute of Laboratory Diagnostics” enables the detection of rheumatoid specific blood parameters. The 4th Medical Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine is the largest in Austria.
Key figures 2014
|Number of beds||765|
|Number of Inpatients||32.969|
|Number of Outpatients||299.063|
For more information about the hospital please visit http://www.wienkav.at/kav/kfj/