The Vienna Open Medical Institute (Vienna OMI) is a collaborative effort of
- the Vienna Hospital Association (VHA),
- the American Austrian Foundation (AAF),
- the Medical University of Vienna (MedUni),
- the Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW)
- the College of Physicians in Vienna
- and the Medical Chamber Vienna
to make Vienna the leading center for postgraduate education and Experience Exchange in medicine. Its goal is to establish a global medical network in order to strengthen Vienna’s role as a humanitarian capital and scientific center in Europe.
Highly qualified physicians from all over the world are invited to learn and study in Viennese hospitals and research institutions. The program’s objective is to identify English speaking physicians from countries in transition, who will benefit from state-of-the-art education in their medical specialities and act as multipliers in their home countries by sharing the knowledge they have acquired.